Landscape architecture involves the creative arrangement of structures, circulation patterns, gathering spaces, and plantings into the undulating topography of Western North Carolina while minimizing environmental disturbance, being aesthetically pleasing, functional, and meeting government regulations.
Client collaboration is the starting point for any design project to ensure that the design meets the client’s programming needs, tastes, budget, and schedule. Most projects involve working on a design team with architects, engineers, and other specialists and coordinating with contractors during construction to ensure that the work is carried out according to plan.
Mary Weber Landscape Architecture (MWLA) is involved in all aspects of planning and design and works at scales ranging from regional to residential. Extensive experience working with municipal governments ensures that the permitting process will go smoothly.
Landscape Architectural Services:
- Site Analysis
- Conceptual Design
- Master Planning
- Zoning Compliance Plans
- Public Meeting Facilitation
- Construction Drawings and Specifications
- Project Management and Bid Procurement
- Construction Administration
Areas of Specialization:
- Public projects such as park and trails planning, plazas, and memorial gardens
- Children’s play and learning environments
- Environmental restoration: natural stormwater management, native plants, wetland plants, slope stabilization, rain water harvesting
- Infill Development
- Commercial site planning and design
- Single- and multi-family residential
- Edible gardens and wildlife-attracting gardens